If you don’t have a lot of experience with phone interviews they can come over very daunting, so be prepared.
There are two types of phone interviews scheduled and unscheduled and you don’t want to get caught out on either. As soon as you apply for a job, your first step should be to research the company, get an overview of what they do and if you think you would be a good fit for them.
The next step is to look at the role, see what they are looking for and how you can relate your previous experience and the third step is to have a list of questions prepared should you be asked ” Do you have any questions?” …. We have listed below some of the main ones you should ask if you do get asked this question.
Questions To Ask To Help Ace That Phone Interview
- How would you describe the responsibilities of this position?
- What qualities are you looking for in the person you hire to join this company?
- If I was hired, how would I be interacting with you and your department?
- What would be your expectations and your measures for success?
- How would I get feedback on how well my work meets these expectations?
- What do you view as the most challenging part of this job?
- Why is the last person who held this position leaving?
- Who does this position report to?
- How would you describe the company culture?
- What is the typical work week? Is overtime expected? How about travel?
- Do you offer benefits packages for things like healthcare and dental costs?
- What sort of retirement package do you offer to your employers?
- What are the opportunities for advancement with the company?
- Do you provide continuing training opportunities for your employees?
- Is there anything else can I tell you about my qualifications?
- Could I schedule an in-person interview at your convenience?
- If I am extended a job offer, how soon could I start?
- Would you like a list of references?
- When can I expect to hear from you?
- Are there any other questions I can answer for you?
Great opportunities come to those who sign up for our newsletter …