Metabolomic Diagnostics Ltd. is an innovative medical diagnostics company involved in the development of a breakthrough technology in conjunction with University College Cork, Ireland, to provide predictive diagnosis of Preeclampsia in early pregnancy. This technology has the potential to revolutionise prenatal care globally, saving lives, and dramatically reducing overall healthcare costs Our predictive diagnostic tests have the potential to transform maternal and fetal care globally, delivering on both of the key drivers in healthcare: improved quality of care and reduced costs.
Project / Job Description:
Metabolomic Diagnostics Ltd is an early stage biotechnology company located in Cork, Ireland. The company is developing novel and innovative tests to predict pregnancy related complications prior to their clinical manifestation by the detection and quantification of metabolites present in the blood during pregnancy.
We are currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual to work as Research Associate / Research Scientist to join our R&D team. The successful applicant should have experience working in a regulated laboratory environment.
- Independently perform routine procedures which are part of the daily lab operations, so that the scientific progress, necessary to achieve the company’s product development goals, is made.
- Collaborate with our LC-MS analysts in the development of robust sample preparation procedures.
- Accountability for the sample preparation pipeline, including but not limited to: SOP development, planning, consumable stocking, execution, reporting and automation
- Manage the company’s biorepository, including biobanking software, best biorepository governance practices, physical sample handling
- Lead small to medium R&D projects within the zone of expertise: sample handling and sample preparation.
- Compile and draft SOPs relevant to the indexing, storage, and handling of biospecimens.
- Assist in the compilation and drafting of SOPs relevant to the sample preparation procedures.
- Disseminate experimental results obtained, report on these results and propose follow up steps
- Collaborate with the Regulatory Scientist and/or R&D program manager to efficiently deploy a Quality Management system in the company and more specifically in the laboratories.
- Degree in bioanalytical chemistry, pharmaceutical science (or related field) or can demonstrate hands-on experience in a similar role
- Relevant Industry experience
- Ability to work without direct supervision within a team environment
- Effective problem solving skills and ability to work on several projects in parallel
- Good time management skills are essential
- Quality minded with ability to perform work with accuracy and in accordance with established procedures
- Flexible approach is necessary to work in a fast-paced innovative environment
- Hands on experience in quantitative analyses and/or bio-analysis using the following instrumentation: HPLC, LC-MS/MS, preferably triple quadruple mass spectrometers. Experience in solution chemistry, extraction techniques, lab robotic automation, dried blood spot sample handling would be an advantage.
- Experience in clinical diagnostics (commercial). Experience in clinical studies (diagnostics)
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice and current Health and Safety Regulations is preferred
Working with Metabolomic Diagnostics:
The position presents a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic, international team focused on delivering novel diagnostic solutions to the market. As a member of the R&D team, you will be contributing to the product development process. Metabolomic Diagnostics offer a competitive salary package.
To apply for this role visit Laboratory Research Associate / Research Scientist