Time to get your diaries out. We have the hottest upcoming HR events that you should be attending in April. Pens at the ready (or just simply click on the event to add to your google calendar!)
1. DisruptHR Cork
DisruptHR Cork believes that the way employers have approached people and talent in the past, will not be how it is done in the future. This event aims to shake things up, challenge attendees to think differently and inspire them to make changes in their organisations.
9 presenters (Disruptors), 5 minutes each, with 20 slides that auto-rotate every 15 seconds.
THE DISRUPTORS ARE…
HR professionals, technologists, business or community leaders with something different to say about talent, culture or technology. DisruptHR Cork wants speakers to share their passion and curiosity and teach the audience something that has a social or professional impact.
An exciting line-up of speakers has been assembled. The topics will be deliberately thought provoking, given that the main objective is to challenge the established thinking and generate reflection and change.
Location/ Date / Time – St. Peter’s Cork, North Main Street, Tues, 17th April 2018, €49 for tickets click here
Education Law Update
Delivered by leading experts in their field, this full-day conference is designed
to cover key topics essential to the work of Principals, Deputies, and members
of Boards of Management.
After attending this conference you will better be able to:
• Implement any new changes or policies required by recent developments in Education Law.
• Understand the relevance of recent case law to your school and the work that you do.
• Upskill yourself and your team to manage, coach and motivate staff to achieve greater levels of performance.
• Confidently address the types of challenges that frequently require careful attention in your school.
• Upskill yourself and your team when communicating with staff.
• Better resolve workplace conflict.
• Practice daily mindfulness training.
Where and When?
9:20am – 3:30pm Tuesday 10th April 2018
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Northwood, Dublin
Standard Rate: €245, purchase tickets here
Essential Employment Law For Irish Employers
With so many changes taking place in today’s workplace an understanding of core employment laws is now more essential than ever before. This extensive full day course, delivered by a highly trained and experienced solicitor and barrister combination, is designed to give all participants a thorough grounding in the main components of Irish employment law in just one day.
What are the learning outcomes?
- Obtain an overview of all key components of employment law
- Find out the key up-to-date laws relevant when employing staff
- Learn key tips from two highly experienced lawyers on how to keep on the right side of the law whilst allowing for effective management of staff
- Find out how to be pro-active and avoid issues that commonly land employers in difficulties
- Receive practical advice on how to devise workplace policies and procedures that are clear, fair and unlikely to be found wanting before a Tribunal
- Learn about the laws you need to know in depth when terminating employment
- Find out about the very latest developments in employment law
- Discover how to research employment issues and make best use of the comprehensive notes given to each participant
What will be covered?
- Sources of employment law
- Recruitment, selection and appointment
- Legislation during the course of employment
- Employment equality and discrimination issues
- Termination of employment – Unfair Dismissal
- Developments to watch out for, including Agency workers, reform of joint labor committees and review of complaints bodies.
Please Note: The pack will contain notes on Sources of Employment Law including Legislation, EU Directives, and Case Law, however, it will not form part of the programme on the day. These will be compiled by Marian Jennings.
100% of recent delegates would recommend this event to their colleagues and peers!
Who should attend?
HR Managers, Supervisors, In-house Lawyers and Legal & HR Advisers. Ideal for those new to employment law or seeking a refresher course. This event is not suitable for those with extensive knowledge of Irish employment law.
When and where?
9.30am – 4.30pm on Thursday 19th April 2018
The Gibson Hotel, Dublin
Charity/Small Company* Rate: €495
Standard Rate: €550 Click here for tickets
Workplace Wellbeing Day – Breakfast Seminar
Kickstart National Workplace Wellbeing Day with an informative breakfast seminar, with learnings you can take back to your organisation to inform your wellbeing strategy.
Internationally recognised wellbeing expert, Dr Mark Rowe; former Munster, Ireland and Lions rugby star, David Wallace and leading consultant dietician, Sarah Keogh will join Danny McCoy, CEO, Ibec to discuss their insights on wellbeing. Sky Ireland’s Head of HR, Aoife Ni Mhurchu, and Sinead Doherty, CEO, Fenero, meanwhile, will share their experience on how companies can successfully implement wellbeing programmes into the workplace.
Book now to secure your place, there is limited capacity on a first come first served basis.
7:30 – 8:00am: Registration and light breakfast
8:00 – 8:05am: Opening address, Danny MCoy
8:05 – 8:15am: A little stretch in the morning
8:15 – 8:30am: Keynote, Dr. Mark Rowe
8:30 – 8:55am: Panel discussion
8:55 – 9:00am: Closing remarks
Location/ Date / Time – 84-86 Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2. 13th April 2018 / FREE EVENT – limited spaces. Click here for tickets
4.Mallusk Enterprise Park Ltd.
Get Ready For GDPR
The seminar will cover the following areas:
- What is GDPR and why it’s overdue
- Key changes brought in by GDPR
- The ICO (Information Commissioners Office) – Higher fines and greater powers
- How GDPR will affect all businesses
- Potential Risks and Data Breaches
- Starting your GDPR journey
Location/ Date / Time – Mallusk Enterprise Park Ltd., 2 Mallusk Drive, Newtownabbey BT36 4GN, United Kingdom. Wed 25 April 2018 ,09:30 – 12:30 BST. Click here for tickets
Do you have an upcoming event or know of any upcoming events for HR professionals in April? If so, leave them in the comment box below.
Have an event coming up in May? Email details of your event to [email protected] to get it featured for free.